Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out with the old...

This elevator probably has a long history with our little town. But I don't know what that history is. Well...I do know it was at one point a Grano elevator (because that's what my mother-in-law has on her Facebook) and it was owned by Shrauner's at one point (since their name is up there!) and Collingwood (now ADM) owned it before selling it to us. It's great for grain storage (and the occasional senior picture!) but the old elevator is quite an eye sore. It's supposed to be getting torn down this week...of course, it's already Thursday and they haven't started yet so I don't know when it will actually happen. I'm just glad it didn't happen before today, when I finally decided I better get a few shots before it comes down. The weather is gorgeous today...near 70 degrees! Blue skies with some puffs of white, sunny, no wind...my kind of photography weather! Anyway...I tried some new techniques and think these photos are as good as this elevator is ever going to look. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Maybe Ron will decide NOT to tear it down. :)